Dr. Angeliki Stamati is faculty of Academy Mathematics and also a teaching fellow in the Institute of ACS Athens. She holds the following degrees:
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Department of Mathematics (2011), School of Applied Mathematics & Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens Diploma – School of Applied Mathematics & Physical Sciences, National Technological University of Athens. In the field of Systems Theory.
- MSc in Mathematics – Postgraduate Program “Applied Mathematical Sciences” (2006), National Technical University of Athens, School of Applied Mathematics & Physical Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, and Marine Engineering
- Diploma – School of Applied Mathematics & Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens.
Dr. Stamati earned both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees while completing the accelerated program in Applied Mathematics and Studies of Science from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. She then went on to complete a second Master’s Degree in Applied Mathematics, majoring in Mathematical Analysis. Having identified a distinct passion in her field, Dr. Stamati successfully earned her Ph.D. in Systems Theory from the National Technical University of Athens on a full scholarship from the Papakyriakopoulos Foundation. She has published numerous articles in academic journals such as IEEE, Transactions on Automatic Control, International Schools Journal, and many more. During her Doctoral Dissertation, she lectured in various schools, such as:
- the School of Applied Mathematics and Studies of Science of the National Technical University of Athens and
- the School of Technical Education of Engineering Officers of the Hellenic Army.
After attaining her Ph.D., Dr. Stamati worked:
- as a visiting professor in the National and Kapodestrian University of Athens, at the Department of Economics,
- as a Scientific Associate in the Technological Institute of Piraeus,
- and as an Instructor in the School of Greek Navy cadets.
She has taught Calculus, MATH 100, Linear Algebra, Optimal Control, Higher Mathematics, and Programming Software such as MatLab and Mathematica. She has also participated in research programs focused on the design, development, and implementation of mathematical algorithms. Dr. Stamati started working at ACS in 2014. Since then she has taught various courses such as: Algebra 2 and Trigonometry Honors, Algebra 2 and Trigonometry Regular, Algebra 1, Intro to Computer Science, and Science.
Dr. Stamati will be teaching this year IB1 Mathematics Analysis and Approaches SL, Algebra 2, and Trigonometry Honors and Geometry with Algebraic Topics Honors. She is enthusiastic and eager to share her love of mathematics, and she aims to transfer this enthusiasm to her students on a daily basis.
Her motto is “The only way to learn Mathematics is to do Mathematics” – Paul Halmos.