Adult English for Intermediate Level Learners (2)
This course is a continuation of Adult English for Intermediate Level Learners 1.
It focuses on developing language skills for intermediate level students of English. Language development is combined with building and improving skills transferable to everyday life and
career. Students are able to use the English language for social, academic and professional purposes. Vocabulary building and grammar concepts involving the application of intermediate
level grammar tenses in speaking and writing, are consolidated in combination with fiction and non-fiction reading to acquire reading skills and comprehension, as well as to develop and enhance writing skills addressing different audiences. Emphasis is placed on the four domains of the English language: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
By the end of Adult English for Intermediate Level Learners (2), the student will be able to use a developing set of strategies to:
- identify the main topic in oral presentations as well as intermediate level spoken and written texts;
- read texts on different genres;
- determine a central idea or theme in oral presentations as well as spoken and written texts;
- retell key details and state the main idea of a reading text;
- be able to describe the characters, identify the setting, and analyze the plot through plot analysis;
- answer questions about key details and the main idea of a reading text, discuss the setting, and;
- analyze the plot through plot analysis;
- explain how the theme is developed by specific details in texts and analyze the plot;
- summarize a text or an article;
- write journal entries that are relevant to the themes taught;
- write essays that are theme-related.
Course Type: Online course
Instructor: Dr. Jenny Grigoropoulou
End Date: Saturday, June 10th 2023Meeting Days/Time: Thursdays 20.00 – 21.00 & Saturdays 09.30 – 10.30 *
- Feb 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23
Mar 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 23, 30
Apr 6, 20, 22, 27, 29
May 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27,
Jun 1, 8, 10
Deadline to Register: Tuesday, January 31st 2023
Complimentary for ACS Athens faculty or staff, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Time indicated is based on Athens, Greece time zone.